Talents Raise You Above the Highest - Short Story



The day which I remembered 18th of October was such a wonderful day. It is better to address that day as a Golden Day of my life. I got many more things which I expected in my life. Today, I am the best fashion desiger in Sri Lanka. I sat on the arm chair and closed my eyes. Then went back to my past time with my memories. This was my story. One kind of different story. What a poor child was I ?. 

Parami Vihasna, I was the only one child of my family. My family was a middle class family in our village. Our village was little bit away from the town. Because of the dedication of my parents finally I got the chance to go to one of the famous college at town for my Advanced Level. Though I preferred to do my Advanced Level in arts, I had to do Maths because of my parents. I was poor at maths. Though I tried hard but I couldn't. 

" Parami...are you deaf. You are a looser... even little child can do this question " teacher scolded every time by checking my school books. I felt very bad on me. I cried a lot lonely. " You are a useless girl...stupid girl " Even my school friends got me to joke. I bored my school life. 

At home my parents scolded me every time. " You are our misfortune... It is better live without you.." . Those words were hurt me lot. But I was tolerated every thing humbly. Because of the love for my parents. Though I was tried hard , finally I failed my Advanced Level Exam and after that I decided to go for a job. 

I hadn't any educational qualifications for a high class job. So that I got a job at Garment field. I worked hard & then earned some money. I gave half of my salary for my parents & other half allocated for my dream. Oh.. I couldn't tell nothing about my dream. My dream was to be a best fashion designer in Sri Lanka. It was my childhood dream. But my parents never gave their permission for that. " Fashion designer...what kind of job is it ? ... It is not suitable for you..." father told to me every time. But I never forgot my dream. I did some courses which relevant for my dream. Then joined a fashion designer company as a junior fashion designer. I worked hard at there.

One day, my boss handed over a project for me. " Parami... I belive your talents.. I wish only you can do this project ". My boss gave me a chance & I did it at my level best. That project was successful. I promoted as a senior fashion designer of that company. Such a lucky destiny. I felt more happy. "Madam...may I coming.." my secretary knocked the door. It was not a dream, now I had my own cabin. Not only that but also my own house & my own car. Now I was become a rich women. My parents too happy about me. Now I gave them proud. " My dear...get up..it is few hours for the award ceremony..hurry up & get ready " my mother awoke me.Then I started to think....

The Award Ceremony, the final step of my dream. Would it come true ?...

It was a nice stage. There were so many well known fashion designers , artists , modlers, company owers & many more high class people too. Father ,mother  & I sat on our table. Then the announcer started to address " The Best Fashion Designer Award goes to....... ". My heart started to beat fast. I was hold my both hands tightly. Then again the announcer started to address the auidence " she is the new one for this field... non other than Miss. Parami Vihasna Wijerathne...please come for the stage..". I was shocked at suddenly. I had no words to express that feeling. I went to the stage & got the award. All were clapped & admired my dedication. They all gave their congrates at the bottom of their hearts. Finally I fulfilled my dream completely. 

From my story, I would like to tell you something for your future betterment. In briefly I would like to tell that  All you have your own talents. It is unique for you. Don' t delay to search for that. Hurry up & come true your dream. Though there are so many hazards meet you during your journey. Never give up. All time keep a believe on your talents. Your talents raise you above the Highest. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butterfly pea

Sri Lankan Traditional Masks

Ceylon Tea